To achieve our mission, the Language Department aims to:
- Ensure access to outstanding language teaching and support for language learning for all current students at ISWB.
- Support the highest levels of academic achievement by students whose first language is not English.
- Exploit the latest technologies and pedagogies to develop bespoke language teaching and learning materials, for use across the school.
- Foster learner autonomy in language learners, whether studying independently and/or attending courses within the school.
- Provide bespoke professional outside sources to support individual language learners.
- Promote language learning and provide to students of foreign languages to write examination in our CIE Examination Center.
- Provide, as part of the main stream curriculum, the tuition of English First Language, Afrikaans Second Language, German, Portuguese and Spanish as Foreign Languages.